Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Pure Barre Platform review!

I am a Pure Barre cult member. As a member of my studios "100 club," I swear by this workout. Pure Barre is the only workout that has changed my body, helped me loose weight, toned me, and makes me feel healthy and happy.

I was so excited when I saw Pure Barre was introducing their new cardio based Platform class. Even though I swear by Pure Barre, I ended up taking some time off from class. I joined the gym and was a treadmill slave (hated it). I am now back in the full Pure Barre swing of things.



I re-dedicated myself to Pure Barre on December 1, 2015. I took 15 classes in the month of December. I measured myself (well, my mom did) and as of my 13th class last month I was down a total of 11.50 inches. I inputted my measurements on the Fitstream app and I will remeasure myself on January 23rd to see my progress.

Ok, so lets get to the good stuff my review! I have taken 2 platform classes. Holy. Crap. It is very different then Pure Barre. The moves are bigger, faster, and more intense.

The outline of the class is similar to Pure Barre:

+Warm up
these moves get your heart rate way up compared to the warm up in PB
+Arms
I recommend not using weights so you can begin to get the hang of things
+Thighs
the thigh that you are working is the one on the platform
+Seat
cardio kicks are my favorite during seat
+Abs
finally, I get to catch my breath!
+Stretch 
I MADE IT OUT ALIVE!

{first platform class}
What I like:
  • I love the cardio kicks during seat work
  • It is awesome that I am burning over 650+ calories per class even though it is not fat burning
  • The sweat and the fact that it is a great cardio work out
  • The "high" at the end of class knowing the work out I just completed. 


What I dislike:
  • My heart rate is too high for much of class. This is ineffective for losing weight.  
  • There are no breaks in between transitioning from one section of the class to the next section. Even though the instructor tells you take a break if you need to, I just wish there was a second to do so as I like to at least try to keep up. 
  • I felt very sick at the end of class last time during ab work. I could not get my heart rate to lower and thought I was going to be ill. 


My recommendations:
  • Hydrate yourself before class and make sure you have enough food in your system. 
  • Really try and listen to the instructor as it is a very audio focused class. 
  • Go at your own pace! 
  • If you are someone that tends to sweat, bring a towel. 
  • I can't say this enough take breaks. I did not like feeling dizzy at the end of last class. I may have been pushing myself too hard. 

{second platform class}

I challenge you to go to your local Pure Barre studio and try platform!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs