Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Recipe

I cannot believe that Sunday is November first. I love the start of the holiday season. One thing I am not looking forward to is less daylight...hate that.

Last night for dinner I made skinny orange chicken. I am not a big Asian food fan (at all). The idea of MSG in my food freaks me out as my mom has suffered from vertigo (to the point of hospitalization) after eating Chinese food. 

I used the skinny orange chicken recipe from Gimme some Oven. It was good! I added broccoli by sauteing the broccoli with some olive oil on the stove and added it to the mixture of the chicken and the sauce. It would've been too plain without the broccoli. 

{I am not a food blogger/photographer!} 

Instead of rice I made quinoa. I omitted the red pepper flakes as I hate spicy anything.  Also, I used rice vinegar opposed to the rice wine vinegar (I couldn't find any in my local Whole Foods). Of course whenever possible I used organic ingredients - especially with the soy sauce.  

Have a great Halloween! 

{source}



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs